No one wants to file for bankruptcy. A legitimate Lufkin debt settlement agency might be able to help you become debt-free, no bankruptcy needed.
At Texas Debt Consolidation, we can find you a debt settlement expert in Lufkin, TX who works with residents of Lufkin. On top of that: there are no obligations, and it’s totally free.
You shouldn’t settle your debts using some underhanded agency. Any good debt negotiator will provide you with a good bit of details before you get started:
- Charges: charges have to be completely enumerated.
- Timeline: they must inform you when they’re going to reach out to the credit card issuers, as well as how much money you must have saved.
- Dangers: they must inform you of the unfavorable effects that come as a result of no longer paying your creditors
You should make sure your Lufkin debt settlement consultant is legit. Find out the following:
- How long have they been in operation?
- How many cases have they handled?
- How much are their fees?
- What is their success rate?
- Are they licensed to conduct business in the state of TX?
Should any debt settlement company in Lufkin tries to charge you fees upfront, don’t work with them.
Debt Settlement Drawbacks: Lufkin (TX)
Debt settlement provides a few well-known advantages:
- Only Pay 40-80% of Original Amount Owed
- Huge Savings in Interest
- Quick 3-5 Year Schedule
- Variable Payment Scheme
- Alternative to Bankruptcy
However, it has more disadvantages than other forms of debt relief.
Isn’t it time to discuss the options with a debt settlement consultant in Lufkin, TX?
The solutions supplied by debt settlement firms in Lufkin, TX, do have their negatives:
- Bad for your credit ratings.
- Debt never 100% repaid.
- Credit card issuers don’t always approve settlement.
- Debt keeps mounting while debt reduction is being arranged.
- Debt collector calls will probably keep coming in.
- Tax disadvantages.
How do you know if debt settlement is right for you?
- Have you been thinking about declaring bankruptcy?
- Do you have at least $10,000 in debt?
- Are you okay with having subprime credit?
If you meet these criteria, you are not alone – 5,670 of Lufkin’s 57,243 residents are living under at least $10,000 of credit card debt.
Lufkin Debt to Income Ratios
People who have debt to income ratios of 50% or more are perfect prospects for debt relief, whether it’s settlement or consolidation. The optimal ratio is 33 to 36 percent. The average income in Lufkin, TX, is $13,826 each year, or $1,152 a month, which means the average Lufkin resident ought to spend less than $426 in credit card, mortgage, and vehicle/student loan installments. Unfortunately, many people are obligated to pay $588 or more monthly. Without a doubt, these borrowers could benefit from debt relief programs of some kind.
Consolidating vs Negotiating Your Debt: Lufkin, TX
Debt settlement is is not the same as debt consolidation, management, or counseling. These are entirely distinct solutions. Most debt management programs lead to more affordable rates of interest on your credit cards and/or payday loans. However, there is no forgiveness of the balance due. Some methods of relieving debt – for instance debt consolidation, management, counseling – cause nearly as much trouble for your credit ratings in the long term, but these are long term alternatives that require you to repay all of your debt. Visit here for additional information about debt consolidation in Lufkin.
Debt Settlement Rates: Lufkin, TX
Being the most drastic debt relief solution available, debt settlement is generally the most expensive. Normally, settlement firms charge you a percentage of the amount you want reduced, often up to 15%. As a rule, they’ve been forbidden by law from assessing a fee until a balance has been repaid.
- Texas Debt Settlement Company? Contact us to be listed.