Are you trying to find better ways to pay down your debts? In that case, a trusted Plano credit counseling agency might be the answer. At TX Debt Consolidation, we match our users with approved credit counseling agencies in Plano, TX.
In today’s market, a good number of credit counseling organizations in Plano are non-profits who are compensated at least partly by contributions from your creditors. This means that a lot of credit card counseling agencies are quite affordable. Of Plano’s 225,287 locals, something like 8,309 cannot afford to make their credit card payments each month.
Debt to Income Ratio: Plano, TX
Your debt to income ratio, aka DTI, helps to assess how much you need credit counseling.
Debt Counseling Plans: Plano, TX
An integral aspect of credit counseling is debt management. Why look into a debt management program? For starters, you might be able to enjoy:
- Lowered Interest Rates
- Fewer Debt Collector Calls
- One Monthly Payment
- Speedier Debt Payoff
Simply speaking, your credit counselor will deal with your creditors personally.
Plano Debt Management versus Other Debt Relief Options
Just remember that debt settlement isn’t part of consumer credit counseling. Yes, a debt settlement would reduce your total credit card debt, it just might demolish your FICO scores.
Selecting a Credit Counseling Company: Plano (TX)
In general, credit counseling and debt management plans have been checked out by the FTC and other government authorities, but here are a few ways to ensure that your Plano credit counseling service is highly regarded:
- Request referrals
- Verify their certifications
- Double check that your specialist is credentialed
For details, check out this FTC write-up on the topic.
If you let us get you a no cost assessment, you can be more certain that you will end up dealing with one of the better credit counseling services in Plano, TX.
How Much Could Credit Card Counseling Help You Save?
To assess how much credit counseling could save you, you need to consult with a credit counseling expert. However, you may not need to pay as much each month as you had been paying, if your lenders agree to the terms of your debt management program. One of the leading Plano debt experts can evaluate your finances and provide you with a quote for how much you could save.
Fees Charged By Credit Counseling Firms: Plano, TX
The counseling portion of credit counseling should be complimentary.
Though not free, managing debt is a cost-effective solution for a lot of Plano residents. There is typically an enrollment fee of no more than $75, along with a monthly fee of $40 or less. When it comes to your payments, you’ll usually be required to pay 2.1-2.5% each and every month.
Let’s look at an overview of how much this is, based on varying levels of financial debt.
Credit Counseling for Bankruptcy: Plano (TX)
Thinking of bankruptcy? You are not alone. We estimate that 464 of Plano’s 225,287 residents have resorted to bankruptcy. Credit counseling is an FTC requirement before filing for bankruptcy.
You don’t need to work with one of the credit counseling agencies in Plano, TX. Services are accessible online and by telephone, as well as in person.
The process normally takes an hour and a half, and may cost up to $50, but the fee must be waived if you’re unable to pay.
Consumer Credit Counseling Services in Plano, TX
In Texas, the largest nonprofit credit counseling provider is the NFCC, and their network is known as the Consumer Credit Counseling Service, or CCCS. In Plano, Texas, a Consumer Credit Counseling Service will normally be:
- A Not For Profit
- NFCC Affiliate
- Accredited by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD.gov)
- BBB Member
Generally a CCCS organization will supply Plano bankruptcy credit counseling for Plano consumers, and in many cases housing and money management counseling. Plan to spend approximately a maximum of $50 a month. To locate the CCCS office nearest to Plano, TX, have a look at the directory of services on our site. If you can’t find any, you can just go to www.debtadvice.org.
Credit and Debt Counseling: Plano (TX)
- America Debt Resolutions, 2300 McDermott Rd, 75025
- Axiom Credit Consulting, 14683 Midway Rd, 75093
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service Of North Central Texas Inc, 101 E Park Blvd, 75074
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service Of North Central Texas Inc, 2301 Ohio Dr, 75093
- Equifix, 5800 Granite Pky, 75024
- United Credit, 3400 Silverstone Dr, 75023
- United Mediation Services, 5068 W Plano Pky, #300, 75093
- Law Office of Greg Wiley PLLC, 400 Chisholm Pl, #303, 75075
- America’s Choice Debt Settlement, 1400 Preston Rd, #400, 75093
- Total Debt Services, 1260 Shiloh Rd, 75074
- Credit Answers, 6200 Tennyson Pky, #200, 75024
- Burt and Associates Collection Agency, 6700 Pinecrest Dr, 75024
- CRE Credit Services, 850 Central Pky E, #200, 75074
- Coast to Coast Credit Services, Incorporated, 808 Stewart Dr, #200, 75074